By Jonathan Gray,Derek Johnson
A better half to Media Authorship bargains 28 groundbreaking chapters which examine the practices, attributions, and meanings of authorship. Revitalizing the learn inside of media and cultural stories, this diversified and international assortment offers the definitive paintings at the subject.
- Rethinks cultures of authorship and demanding situations the idea that of auteurism throughout a number of media forms
- Moves past notions of the person to target how authorship is collaborative, contested, and networked, analyzing cultures of authorship and the practicalities of the way it works
- Draws at the state of the art examine of students and practitioners whose paintings has produced major new insights into the field
- Examines a variety of media, together with tv, social media, radio, videogames, transmedia, track, and comedian books
- Offers a magnificent international concentration, together with items on Mexican track, beginner movie construction in Nairobi slums, tele-serial creation in Kinshasa, Hong Kong movie, and the promoting of Bollywood
Read Online or Download A Companion to Media Authorship PDF
Similar media studies books
Faith resides tradition. It maintains to play a task in shaping political ideologies, institutional practices, groups of curiosity, methods of existence and social identities. Mediating Faiths brings jointly students operating throughout quite a number fields, together with cultural reports, media, sociology, anthropology, cultural idea and non secular reviews, with the intention to facilitate better figuring out of contemporary alterations.
Initially released in 1987. This serious paintings is an exploration of recent communications know-how in its social context, as a social discourse made up our minds by means of different kinds of inter-play. the writer refers to Weber, Innis, Habermas and Foucault to advance her argument.
This publication presents an summary of present advancements inside of feminist political financial system, together with reformulations of monetary thought, historic and empirical examine at the fiscal roles and standing of girls and folks of colour, in addition to proposals for broadening the general public coverage time table. instead of supplying a feminist critique of neoclassical economics, this quantity provides feminist economics in discussion with revolutionary fiscal thought and public coverage.
She's So high-quality explores the song, reception and cultural value of Nineteen Sixties woman singers and lady teams within the US and the united kingdom. utilizing methods from the fields of musicology, women's reviews, movie and media reports, and cultural experiences, this quantity is the 1st interdisciplinary paintings to hyperlink shut musical readings with rigorous cultural research within the therapy of artists comparable to Martha and the Vandellas, The Crystals, The Blossoms, Brenda Lee, Dusty Springfield, Lulu, Tina Turner, and Marianne Faithfull.
- When Biometrics Fail: Gender, Race, and the Technology of Identity
- Soundbitten: The Perils of Media-Centered Political Activism
- E-Assessment: Einsatzszenarien und Erfahrungen an Hochschulen (Medien in der Wissenschaft) (German Edition)
- Internet Governance and the Global South: Demand for a New Framework (Palgrave Global Media Policy and Business)
- Central and Eastern European Media in Comparative Perspective: Politics, Economy and Culture
Additional info for A Companion to Media Authorship
A Companion to Media Authorship by Jonathan Gray,Derek Johnson