By John Hartley,Jean Burgess,Axel Bruns
- Presents a state of the art choice of unique readings in relation to new media by way of dynamic change
- Features interdisciplinary contributions encompassing the sciences, social sciences, humanities and artistic arts
- Addresses quite a lot of matters from the possession and legislation of latest media to their shape and cultural uses
- Provides readers with a glimpse of recent media dynamics at 3 degrees of scale: the 'macro' or procedure point; the 'meso' or institutional point; and 'micro' or company level
Read or Download A Companion to New Media Dynamics PDF
Similar media studies books
Faith resides tradition. It maintains to play a task in shaping political ideologies, institutional practices, groups of curiosity, methods of lifestyles and social identities. Mediating Faiths brings jointly students operating throughout quite a number fields, together with cultural experiences, media, sociology, anthropology, cultural thought and spiritual stories, which will facilitate higher figuring out of contemporary ameliorations.
Initially released in 1987. This serious paintings is an exploration of recent communications know-how in its social context, as a social discourse decided by means of other kinds of inter-play. the writer refers to Weber, Innis, Habermas and Foucault to advance her argument.
This booklet presents an summary of present advancements inside of feminist political economic climate, together with reformulations of financial conception, historic and empirical study at the financial roles and standing of ladies and other people of colour, in addition to proposals for broadening the general public coverage time table. instead of providing a feminist critique of neoclassical economics, this quantity offers feminist economics in discussion with revolutionary monetary idea and public coverage.
She's So tremendous explores the tune, reception and cultural importance of Sixties woman singers and woman teams within the US and the united kingdom. utilizing techniques from the fields of musicology, women's stories, movie and media reports, and cultural reports, this quantity is the 1st interdisciplinary paintings to hyperlink shut musical readings with rigorous cultural research within the therapy of artists reminiscent of Martha and the Vandellas, The Crystals, The Blossoms, Brenda Lee, Dusty Springfield, Lulu, Tina Turner, and Marianne Faithfull.
- Vox Popular: The Surprising Life of Language in the Media
- Neue Medien im Alltag: Nutzung, Vernetzung, Interaktion (German Edition)
- Shut Off
- Handbuch Ausstellungstheorie und -praxis (German Edition)
Extra info for A Companion to New Media Dynamics
A Companion to New Media Dynamics by John Hartley,Jean Burgess,Axel Bruns