By Monica Hall
Read or Download A Visitor's Guide to Georgian England PDF
Best uk history books
The miners' lockout of 1926 used to be a pivotal second in British twentieth-century background. starting with the heady days of the final strike, it persevered for seven months and affected a million miners. In County Durham, the place nearly 3 in each ten grownup males labored within the coal undefined, its influence was once profound.
The 1st global conflict marks a vital interval within the historical past of the socialist wing of the British labour flow. This e-book is an account of the advance of the political principles and actions of a few of the main influential British socialist thinkers of that point: Beatrice and Sidney Webb, R. H. Tawney and G.
Criminals, drifters, beggars, the homeless, immigrants, prostitutes, tramping artisans, road entertainers, deserted kids, navvies, and households fallen on not easy occasions – an entire underclass of individuals at the margins of society gone through Victorian l
Whereas it really is popular that extra Africans fought on behalf of the British than with the profitable patriots of the yank Revolution, Gerald Horne unearths in his most up-to-date paintings of historic restoration that once 1776, Africans and African-Americans persisted to collaborate with nice Britain opposed to the us in battles great and small until eventually the Civil battle.
- Birmingham in the Great War: Mobilisation and Recruitment: The First Eighteen Months of the War (Towns & Cities in the Great War)
- The Seventeenth Highland Light Infantry (Glasgow Chamber of Commerce Battalion) (WWI Centenary Series)
- Inventing Eleanor: The Medieval and Post-Medieval Image of Eleanor of Aquitaine
- Working Class Heroes: Rock Music and British Society in the 1960s and 1970s
- The Politics of Religion in the Age of Mary, Queen of Scots: The Earl of Argyll and the Struggle for Britain and Ireland (Cambridge Studies in Early Modern British History)
Additional resources for A Visitor's Guide to Georgian England
A Visitor's Guide to Georgian England by Monica Hall