By Rosemary Wall
Read Online or Download Bacteria in Britain, 1880–1939 (Studies for the Society for the Social History of Medicine) PDF
Similar uk history books
The miners' lockout of 1926 was once a pivotal second in British twentieth-century heritage. beginning with the heady days of the final strike, it persisted for seven months and affected 1000000 miners. In County Durham, the place nearly 3 in each ten grownup males labored within the coal undefined, its effect used to be profound.
The 1st global warfare marks a very important interval within the heritage of the socialist wing of the British labour circulation. This e-book is an account of the advance of the political principles and actions of a few of the main influential British socialist thinkers of that point: Beatrice and Sidney Webb, R. H. Tawney and G.
Criminals, drifters, beggars, the homeless, immigrants, prostitutes, tramping artisans, highway entertainers, deserted childrens, navvies, and households fallen on demanding occasions – a complete underclass of individuals at the margins of society gone through Victorian l
Whereas it's popular that extra Africans fought on behalf of the British than with the profitable patriots of the yankee Revolution, Gerald Horne finds in his most up-to-date paintings of old restoration that when 1776, Africans and African-Americans persevered to collaborate with nice Britain opposed to the us in battles giant and small until eventually the Civil conflict.
- Class and Conflict in Nineteenth-Century England: 1815-1850: Volume 7 (Routledge Library Editions: The Victorian World)
- Bogie: Golf as it was
- Royalist Agents, Conspirators and Spies: Their Role in the British Civil Wars, 1640–1660
- Brave community: The Digger Movement in the English Revolution (Politics Culture and Society in Early Modern Britain MUP)
- British Catholics and Fascism: Religious Identity and Political Extremism Between the Wars
- Lord Salisbury's World: Conservative Environments in Late-Victorian Britain (British Lives)
Additional resources for Bacteria in Britain, 1880–1939 (Studies for the Society for the Social History of Medicine)
Bacteria in Britain, 1880–1939 (Studies for the Society for the Social History of Medicine) by Rosemary Wall