By Laurie Stras
Read or Download "She's So Fine: Reflections on Whiteness, Femininity, Adolescence and Class in 1960s Music ... " (Ashgate Popular and Folk Music Series) PDF
Similar media studies books
Faith resides tradition. It maintains to play a task in shaping political ideologies, institutional practices, groups of curiosity, methods of existence and social identities. Mediating Faiths brings jointly students operating throughout various fields, together with cultural stories, media, sociology, anthropology, cultural thought and spiritual experiences, with a purpose to facilitate better figuring out of modern variations.
Initially released in 1987. This serious paintings is an exploration of recent communications know-how in its social context, as a social discourse decided through different kinds of inter-play. the writer refers to Weber, Innis, Habermas and Foucault to boost her argument.
This e-book presents an outline of present advancements inside feminist political economic climate, together with reformulations of financial thought, old and empirical study at the financial roles and standing of ladies and folks of colour, in addition to proposals for broadening the general public coverage time table. instead of delivering a feminist critique of neoclassical economics, this quantity offers feminist economics in discussion with innovative financial conception and public coverage.
She's So tremendous explores the track, reception and cultural value of Sixties woman singers and lady teams within the US and the united kingdom. utilizing ways from the fields of musicology, women's stories, movie and media reviews, and cultural experiences, this quantity is the 1st interdisciplinary paintings to hyperlink shut musical readings with rigorous cultural research within the remedy of artists similar to Martha and the Vandellas, The Crystals, The Blossoms, Brenda Lee, Dusty Springfield, Lulu, Tina Turner, and Marianne Faithfull.
- Guide pratique du journaliste débutant: Le protocole d'interviews (Harmattan Guinée) (French Edition)
- Partizipation und Engagement im Netz: Neue Chancen für Demokratie und Medienpädagogik (Schriften zur Medienpädagogik) (German Edition)
- Aktuelle und zukünftige Geschäftsmodelle von regionalen Radiosendern und Verlagen (German Edition)
- Radio Goes to War: The Cultural Politics of Propaganda during World War II
- Big Data: Analysen zum digitalen Wandel von Wissen, Macht und Ökonomie (Digitale Gesellschaft 3) (German Edition)
- Public Relations als Marketinginstrument – Strategische Ansätze und Begriffsdefinitionen: 3. Auflage (German Edition)
Extra info for "She's So Fine: Reflections on Whiteness, Femininity, Adolescence and Class in 1960s Music ... " (Ashgate Popular and Folk Music Series)
"She's So Fine: Reflections on Whiteness, Femininity, Adolescence and Class in 1960s Music ... " (Ashgate Popular and Folk Music Series) by Laurie Stras